As of June 1st: Due to a significant increase in approved applications to date, KidSport Edmonton has reduced the grant amount per child to $175 in order to support a higher number of applications.
The cost of organized sports can be a barrier to participation and limit the choices for some families. KidSport™ works to fulfill its mission of eliminating the financial barriers to sport participation, “So All Kids Can Play!” Kids have the opportunity to reach their highest potential when they have access to physical activity, which can positively impact physical health, development of social skills, self-esteem, and friendships. KidSport™ is a community-based sport funding program that provides grants for children under the age of 18 years to participate in a sport season of their choice.
- KidSport Edmonton provides financial support up to $175 per child per calendar year (Jan-Dec) towards sport registration fees.
- Sports equipment may be provided by our partner agency- The Brick Sport Central.
- KidSport will issue funds to recognized organizations on behalf of the individual athlete.
- Children under the age of 18 years are eligible.
- Children must live within the Edmonton city limits. If you live outside Edmonton, contact KidSport Alberta to find your local chapter.
- Once your application has been submitted please allow up to 30 days for processing.
- Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding.
Applications must be completed fully. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant.
Do you know about the City of Edmonton Leisure Access Program?
The Leisure Access Program allows eligible low-income Edmontonians to access participating City of Edmonton recreation facilities.
The Leisure Access Program offers
- Unlimited, free admission to participating facilities. (excluding golf courses*)
- 3 registered programs per year for adults and seniors at 75% off the cost.
- 4 registered programs per year for children and youth at 75% off the cost.
- 75% off the cost of materials for registered programs where applicable.
For more information on the Leisure Access Program call the City of Edmonton at 780-496-4918 or visit their website at www.edmonton.ca